Thursday, March 3, 2011

... funeral.

Okay not really. Here's the story:

I got my nose pierced for my birthday and I love(d) it! It was little and discreet but still noticeable and cute. It was like an official statement of me growing up and doing my own thing. Well.. that's a lie. I just always liked them and wanted one so why not for my birthday right? Right.

Unfortunately my job decided to now tell me that facial piercings are no longer allowed so I have to either take it out or be fired. And with a baby on the way I can't really afford to not have a job.. so I had to take it out :( let me just tell you that I was not happy. I took it out yesterday when they first told me about it, left it out for work and when I got home I discovered that it was partially closed up. So I basically had to repierce it myself. And today trying to take it out AGAIN I discovered that it had gotten infected (even though I cleaned it and all that stuff..) and so I couldn't take it out at work because it started BLEEDING. Yes bleeding. Soooo when I got home I decided it was time to say goodbye and struggled with taking it out - emotionally and physically. I'll just say that I almost had to get out the wire cutters to get it out but thank God I sucked it up, grew a pair and pulled it out.

So thanks for the wonderful 6 months nose ring, you'll be missed. RIP.

xoxo - Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment